Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Remo Nonaz on June 27, 2012, 10:50:48 am
-
I happened to be looking for an on-line copy of the user's manual for my Epson V500 scanner yesterday and pulled up a link showing that Epson is selling these for $180 with free ground shipping. The V500 is very nice, if older, scanner that has 'Digital ICE' dust and scratch reduction among other features. http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?sku=B11B189011
If you are need of a good flatbed scanner, this might be a good time to grab a V500 on the cheap.
-
Noticed that the are selling V500 refurbs for $99 shipped free. At that price you can't really afford not to get one. I've purchased a refurb 3800 printer and V700 scanner and would not hesitate to buy Epson refurbs.
-
I also bought a refurb 3800 and a refurb V500. Both excellent units and both flawless since 2009. My 3800 actually came with a 1-year warranty when I expected it to be 90 days. Good stuff.
-
The V500 is a respectable scanner at an affordable price. It's great with reflective art. It's a quick and dirty solution for slides and negatives.