Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: RSL on June 26, 2012, 05:28:13 pm

Title: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: RSL on June 26, 2012, 05:28:13 pm
Rocks from Teller County 1 (The back road home from Cripple Creek).
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 26, 2012, 07:06:54 pm
 :)
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: amolitor on June 26, 2012, 08:53:15 pm
Is it just me, or does that look like a photograph of a very nice train set?
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: Rob C on June 27, 2012, 06:08:23 am
Russ, is this the long, slippery slide down to photographing unfaced brick walls?

You're too good to waste on this stuff.

Rob C
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: popnfresh on June 27, 2012, 12:22:41 pm
Russ, save your money and just get back out on the street with the Leica. That's my two cents.

But when my D800E arrives in a couple of weeks I'll post some shots of brick walls.   :D :D :D
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: RSL on June 27, 2012, 03:26:39 pm
Okay Pop, if brick walls are your thing, I probably can add a few too.

Okay you guys. I don't plan to stop shooting on the street. It's still my favorite thing, but I want to branch out. I especially want that camera for the wabi sabi stuff I used to do a lot of. Once it's here I plan to make the rounds of western Kansas and northern New Mexico to catch what's left of the older west. A few years ago I did a collection I called "For a Wind Passeth Over It," and sold several prints from the series out of local galleries (before they closed down.) I plan to go back to some of those places with the (for now) ultimate camera.

And thanks, Rob, for the compliment.
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: seamus finn on June 27, 2012, 05:16:22 pm

Fair play to you, Russ - more power to your elbow.
Title: Re: Here's an example of what I want the D800E for, Slobodan
Post by: AndrewKulin on June 27, 2012, 05:57:33 pm
I wish the back road to my home looked like that.  sigh...