Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Matt Tilghman on June 16, 2012, 01:19:13 pm

Title: Alder Springs Sunset
Post by: Matt Tilghman on June 16, 2012, 01:19:13 pm
This is one of my favorite trails through the Santa Cruz Mountains of California.  It's just so calm and tranquil.  And though late winter's lush greens are infectious, I might actually prefer this time of year.  Some plants have started drying to gold, some have not, and you get a real complete color palette. 

(http://tilghman.smugmug.com/Landscapes/California/i-pNCNhrX/0/L/alder1S-L.jpg)

And I've decided to start posting my photoshop workflow on my blog.  We'll see how long that lasts.  But feel free to stop and check it out.  I imagine there are a few lurkers hoping to learn some techniques.  Check out my workflow here (http://www.tilghman.smugmug.com/Other/blog/19006933_PMxrrg)

Anyways, Hope you like it!
Title: Re: Alder Springs Sunset
Post by: Isaac on June 16, 2012, 05:33:21 pm
Maybe one day you'll  be able to take a photo looking back to there, from Mindego Hill (in the middle distance).

Not tempted to give some photos to Open Space? (http://www.openspace.org/contest/default2011.asp)
Title: Re: Alder Springs Sunset
Post by: Matt Tilghman on June 16, 2012, 05:37:49 pm
I've been to Mindego Hill!  I wandered through a gate but then upon getting home and reading up on it, I think it should have been closed as they are still grading and approving the trails.  Anyways, it was cool.  But not a good day for photos.

I might give them some photos.  I'm on the fence.  (I do donate cold hard cash, though!).  I would have submitted to their coffee table book but I missed the deadline.
Title: Re: Alder Springs Sunset
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on June 16, 2012, 05:47:35 pm
I really like the color palette in the photo, with all the subdued tonalities.
Title: Re: Alder Springs Sunset
Post by: francois on June 17, 2012, 03:38:48 pm
Wonderfully relaxing!