Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Matt Tilghman on June 15, 2012, 11:42:13 am

Title: Ebb and Flow
Post by: Matt Tilghman on June 15, 2012, 11:42:13 am
Here is a shot from Montara State Beach.  Everyone who has been there loves this little beach.  It's near Moss Beach and Pacifica, in the Bay Area of California.  A foggy day broke clear just in time for a nice sunset.  In the foreground is (I think) a little stream called Martini Creek.  This is from a while ago, and is similar to, but not quite the same, as a photo I posted a while ago.. this one focuses more on the stream, though.  Hope you like it!

(http://tilghman.smugmug.com/Landscapes/California/i-7bPSgj8/0/M/beach2S-M.jpg)

See it larger (http://www.tilghman.smugmug.com/gallery/8935629_DRk4e#!i=1906828902&k=7bPSgj8&lb=1&s=O)
Title: Re: Ebb and Flow
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on June 15, 2012, 02:07:36 pm
Nice one Matt, exposure is spot on.The small black sandbank on the left catches my eye though, being so dark. Maybe a mask with a curves adjustment to lighten it a bit might make it to seem more in tune with the rest of the photo. But I'm nit picking I think.
Title: Re: Ebb and Flow
Post by: shaunw on June 18, 2012, 04:07:15 am
Lovely colours in this one...nice scene well done.