Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on June 14, 2012, 02:56:09 am

Title: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: MTGFender on June 14, 2012, 02:56:09 am
Thanks for your interest.
Best
Pramote
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on June 14, 2012, 03:10:01 am
Very beautiful - but a bit too much sky, I think.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 14, 2012, 08:22:45 am
I agree with Jeremy.
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Tony Jay on June 14, 2012, 10:01:15 am
Beautiful image.

However, I agree with Eric and Jeremy that a subtle crop to lessen the contribution of the dark sky would turn this great image into something approaching perfection.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Justan on June 14, 2012, 11:22:25 am
^ what they said.

An otherwise good compositon is crushed by the amount of black at the top.
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: MTGFender on June 14, 2012, 12:34:21 pm
Are all of you happy now? :)
Thanks for the comments!
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on June 14, 2012, 01:09:27 pm
Much better.

I'm no fan of compositional rules as such, but it's interesting to note that the new cropping comes close to a "rule of thirds" version, at least vertically.
In this case I think it helps a lot.
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: francois on June 15, 2012, 02:24:33 am
Much better.

…

+1

The black portion of the sky crushed the lower half of the image. The new version is well balanced, I love it!
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Paulo Bizarro on June 15, 2012, 03:35:05 am
Beautiful light. I actually prefer the first image, because the dark and menacing sky was creating more tension, like a sense of impending doom on a tranquil scene.
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: Tony Jay on June 15, 2012, 04:21:33 am
Fabulous result.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: MTGFender on June 21, 2012, 05:21:24 am
Thanks Tony for your kind words and suggestion.
Pramote
Title: Re: Rai Leh, Krabi, Thailand
Post by: shaunw on June 21, 2012, 04:14:49 pm
Better for the crop and very very nice