Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: One Frame at a Time on June 11, 2012, 10:25:17 pm
-
Hi,
Thinking of buying a 17 inch printer. With the reduced selling price combined w the current rebates the 3880 is very inexpensive.
Is this because Epson is clearing inventory prior to a new release? Given a three year(?) product cycle I'd prefer to wait if a new version is coming this year. Thanks!
-
What I find interesting is that this is the first time I can remember where you could own the current top of the line large format Epson and NOT be able to have any warranty coverage. My 9900 is three and a half years old next week and they've always had a new model available at the point where your extended warranty coverage ran out. Not that there was a direct correlation but it is interesting. Maybe it's getting harder to make meaningful and noticeable improvements or big enough improvements to warrant a brand new model. Who knows?