Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Digital Projection Tools and Techniques => Topic started by: Andrew Makiejewski on June 05, 2012, 07:57:21 pm

Title: Solux bulbs
Post by: Andrew Makiejewski on June 05, 2012, 07:57:21 pm
First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

Thanks, Andrew.
Title: Re: Solux bulbs
Post by: bjanes on June 05, 2012, 08:12:44 pm
Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

A dimmer will lower the color temperature of any incandescent bulb. Ideally, one should use a voltage regulator for critical work. If you want to vary the intensity of the light, you could try a full spectrum fluorescent bulb with a dim able electronic ballast.

Bill
Title: Re: Solux bulbs
Post by: digitaldog on June 05, 2012, 08:16:38 pm
You can dim them, no problem if you have the right dimmer (something that the MR16 lamps can handle, not all will). As Bill says, it will alter the color. I had some on a dimmer from Lutron.
Title: Re: Solux bulbs
Post by: alain on June 06, 2012, 02:27:03 pm
First I hope this is the right forum area for this question. After sending 3 messages to Solux and not getting a response, I will try here.

Is it possible to put a dimmer on the Solux bulbs and still the right CRI and colour from them or will mess things up?

Thanks, Andrew.

I do remember that there are special neutral density filters from dedolight.  they are probable also usable for solux bulb's. 
Title: Re: Solux bulbs
Post by: Andrew Makiejewski on June 06, 2012, 09:34:15 pm
Thanks to all for your replies. I guess I will use a dimmer strictly to see how the image will look in an area that is that not too well lit.

Andrew