Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: kpdesigns492 on June 05, 2012, 08:32:59 am
-
I need to print some large photo books that I have designed in InDesign. The final pages all need to be sent as hi res JPGs. With that in mind, this is what I was thinking:
1. Import images into LR4, color correct, capture sharpen, export without any sharpening at max size.
2. Place images in InDesign, resize as necessary.
3. Run a script that will resize all images placed in InDesign to 100%, run PKS, relink images to InDesign.
4. Export InDesign pages to a PDF and then rasterize as JPGs. (There is an option to go directly to JPG in InDesign, but I prefer Photoshop doing the rasterizing and JPGs)
Does that sound right to you?
-
Answered on the Lightroom forums (and the answer is use PKS halftone sharpening).
-
Yes, it's the best workflow I've found after doing my own tests.
-
Thanks for your response. Do you use SharedInk as well? Would you mind me asking what output sharpener settings you use in PKS?