Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on May 31, 2012, 03:28:17 pm

Title: Trail Ridge Road on Memorial Day
Post by: MTGFender on May 31, 2012, 03:28:17 pm
Trail Ridge Road @ Rocky Mt. National Park on Memorial Day.
This is at ~ 12, 000 Ft elevetion.
It was so cold! 21 degrees F with ~60-70-mph (I was told by a park ranger).
I've been there many many times so I know the weather can change in minutes due to high elevation. I was the only one who wore leather jacket, hood, gloves etc. Some people had short pants and did not even bring the jacket.
Flurry of snow made perfect.

P1 DF with IQ 180; Mamiya 35mm AF and 0.9 reverse GND filter

Thanks for viewing.
Pramote
Title: Re: Trail Ridge Road on Memorial Day
Post by: francois on June 01, 2012, 04:49:17 am
Good capture! I can feel the cold creeping in. I've been up there more than a few times and it was always cold and windy.
Title: Re: Trail Ridge Road on Memorial Day
Post by: MTGFender on June 01, 2012, 05:55:51 am
Thanks Francois for your kind words.
I went there very often as it is only 80 miles from Denver.
Memorial day is my favorite because there is always flurry of snow on the top of the Trail Ridge Road.
Best,
Pramote