Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mary K on May 28, 2012, 02:29:21 pm
-
Last week I installed 5 new print heads in my 44" Z3100 printer, and now when I look at the print head warranty status it says: see warranty note.
I looked in the operator manual, and it indicates that this message means that I am using non-HP inks in the printer. In another place the manual states that the ink levels cannot be reported if non-HP inks are installed in the printer. My printer reports ink levels for all of the cartridges, which indicates to me that the inks are HP inks. Also, a print head that I installed a couple of months ago reports as "in warranty", and it seems to me that if I'm using non-HP inks that that cartridge should also say "see warranty note".
Has anyone had this issue come up? Are there a lot of faked HP inks out there? What should I do, if anything?
The printer seems to be working fine otherwise.
Thanks,
Mary
-
I posted an identical message to this on HP's own board about 2 weeks ago. I didn't get a reply.
I have the exact same issue. I installed a new MK/R head (I'm guessing you did too?) and I have the same message as you. The MK is still the original cartridge (I never print MK) and the Red was supplied by the HP dealer that I was put in touch with via HP France's LFP sales manager ... so I'll be seriously peeved if it turns out to be a fake.