Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Martin Ocando on May 27, 2012, 01:24:02 am

Title: Apple Orchard ?
Post by: Martin Ocando on May 27, 2012, 01:24:02 am
Michael, I've always enjoyed your image selection for LuLa's home page, but the last one called Apple Orchard? Forgive me, but were you doing some kind of bokeh test or something? I don't get it.
Title: Re: Apple Orchard ?
Post by: Marvin van Drunen on May 27, 2012, 03:14:20 am
I agree. I've tried to understand but, I can see nothing at all in focus. Is this deliberate?
Title: Re: Apple Orchard ?
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 27, 2012, 10:18:06 am
I liked it. I thought it was interesting to focus most our attention into one little corner.
Scott
Title: Re: Apple Orchard ?
Post by: michael on May 27, 2012, 10:46:25 am
As you can now see, part of my Nikon 50mm f/1.2 report.

Michael
Title: Re: Apple Orchard ?
Post by: dreed on May 27, 2012, 12:59:04 pm
I agree. I've tried to understand but, I can see nothing at all in focus. Is this deliberate?

The only item that I can see that is in focus would be the centre bottom stem that rises up maybe 1/4 of the way into the image?

It might just be me, but I don't find the bokeh particularly appealing in this image - maybe the background is just too busy? The others seem to be better at portraying its ability.