Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Philip Weber on May 25, 2012, 01:41:32 pm

Title: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: Philip Weber on May 25, 2012, 01:41:32 pm
I purchased some Museo Artist Cards (5 13/16 x 4 1/2) for gifts and will use my Epson 3880. Unfortunately, the company I purchased them from doesn't know how to print them (feeding them into the printer portrait or landscape, ICC profiles, etc).

If anyone knows, I'd be most grateful for some assistance.

Thanks!
Phil
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: Richowens on May 25, 2012, 02:34:17 pm
Philip,

 Google is your friend, Museo is the word.

Rich
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: Philip Weber on May 29, 2012, 07:44:51 pm
With my schedule being what it is, I was hoping a question here would bring quicker results and, as a side benefit, add to the database of knowledge for everyone.

As it turns out, all I received was "go somewhere else" from someone who didn't know anyway. I'm sure it was meant as a helpful suggestion but I have heard of the Google search engine Rich, and as for the reasons stated above, thought I'd start here first.

No biggie...I realize this is not an important issue in the world we live in.

Phil
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: summit68 on May 30, 2012, 12:48:30 am
http://www.museofineart.com/~museart/index.php/download_file/view/200/78/

For ICC profiles.

http://www.museofineart.com/files/1212/9385/6803/LgCardTemplate.zip

For the template.  Unfortunately, I didn't find this useful when I started using them a few years back and created my own by trial and error (Epson 4900).  May be better now.
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: abiggs on May 30, 2012, 01:48:21 am
There are so many ways to print on these types of cards that you just have to forge ahead with your own plan. Some use Lightroom, some use Photoshop, each printer has its own unique paper handling limitations, etc etc.
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: Alan Goldhammer on May 30, 2012, 08:12:17 am
It took me no more than about 5 minutes and two wasted cards (mainly because I didn't think clearly enough) to prepare a LR print template for the Cards.  Once you set up the template you are good to go.  You also need to rely on the Museo icc profiles since the card stock is really too small to do your own.  Several years ago I printed targets out for Museo on my Epson 2880 (they gave me the large size cards and as I recall it took about five of them to print out the targets for their profiler).  Since the images are on the small side, the Museo profiles have always worked well.
Title: Re: Printing Directions for Museo Artist Cards on Epson 3880
Post by: Philip Weber on May 30, 2012, 06:30:04 pm
Scott, Andy, Alan - Thanks so much for the helpful responses. I'm sure I'll figure this out now, without wasting too many cards!

Best regards,
Phil