Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Clearair on May 22, 2012, 05:25:14 am

Title: Ipf printers mis behaving
Post by: Clearair on May 22, 2012, 05:25:14 am
I have read some posts about colour issues with printers.

I did post this before and it may be of help.
During colour calibration of the printer, iPF6100 and others I presume, a chart is produced.

KEEP it.

I found that a muddy result on reds was due to print head contamination, shown by a calibration check and putting the latest chart against the previous one, when all was well.
Nozzle check DID NOT show this.

A B clean fixed this.

Here in the UK some suppliers of original Canon inks have sourced them from who knows where resulting in buggered printers.

In my case it was probably a winter lay off and all is well,
My supplier says they have seen this before.

I don't want to lead anyone up the garden path but this may help before looking to buy new heads...............