Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: free2australian on May 22, 2012, 04:09:28 am
-
I have a Mac and Lightroom 4
I am wish to use Blurb's templates etc within Lightroom.
How important is it to send a PDF copy to Blurb as a Proof first - I only intend to write a small amount of text . My main aim would be to see how the photos come out at the end result. Though from what I read it will cost almost the same as ordering the final copy.
Sue
-
Not important to send, but I prefer to export a PDF first. The exported PDF will be identical to what's shown on Blurb's web site, and I have previously found small discrepancies between what was shown in LR's Book and what was sent to Blurb - I think those bugs were fixed. Secondly I like to review the book when I'm mentally fresh, so I'll put the PDF on the iPad and look at it later.
Also, consider softproofing images in Develop using the sRGB profile. Not perfect, but I'm not sure one can do better in LR.
-
Thanks John
I have a Kindle - I can possibly transfer the PDF to this for proof reading, what do you think?
Also if you could clarify what you mean by "softproofing images in Develop using the sRGB profile" I am a beginner and am on a learning curve.
thank you
-
I don't know about the Kindle. Does it display PDFs? But just reviewing the PDF on your computer would be enough to confirm that the upload will look as you expected.
Maybe put that point about softproofing to one side for now. I was anticipating a follow up question!
-
Blurb receives sRGB data from LR (I don’t really think this is the best color space to export but that’s Blurb). You can’t soft proof CMYK in Lightroom. And even if you could, the ICC profile Blurb supplies isn’t likely used for anything at print anyway. So at least viewing a soft proof in sRGB is better than nothing (I think <g>).