Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on May 21, 2012, 11:59:32 pm

Title: Cancun, Mexico
Post by: MTGFender on May 21, 2012, 11:59:32 pm
Canon 5DM II; Canon 14mm
ISO 400, f/6.3, 146 sec.

Thanks for viewing.
________________________
Pramote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63733213@N00/
Title: Re: Cancun, Mexico
Post by: stpf8 on May 22, 2012, 01:17:43 pm
I like the overall image, but it seems to have somewhat of a schizophrenic character with the buildings being a daylight shot while the sky (because of the star trails) is that of a nighttime or twilight shot.  I think some viewers will find that odd combination to be very interesting.
Title: Re: Cancun, Mexico
Post by: arlon on June 01, 2012, 11:01:59 am
I like it. I think I'd have prefered a little less exposure to bring out the stars more but I still like it! (-:}
Title: Re: Cancun, Mexico
Post by: MTGFender on June 02, 2012, 10:17:57 pm
Thanks very much stpf8 and arion.
"Unexpected image" is what makes night photography fascinating.