Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: vazuw55 on May 21, 2012, 11:03:35 am

Title: Alaska / inside passage
Post by: vazuw55 on May 21, 2012, 11:03:35 am
The light was very flat this day,  and I thought this looked better in black and white
Title: Re: Alaska / inside passage
Post by: PhotoEcosse on May 22, 2012, 01:04:47 am
Without seeing it in colour, I can't really comment - other than to say that it is a nice, well-times shot.
Title: Re: Alaska / inside passage
Post by: stpf8 on May 22, 2012, 01:14:17 pm
I think this is one where the light has to conspire with the composition to produce a striking photograph.  While the composition was there, the light was not.  While the photo will be memorable to anyone who witnessed this event, it may be less memorable to viewers who are seeing this only through the photograph.