Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: churly on May 19, 2012, 08:09:58 am

Title: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: churly on May 19, 2012, 08:09:58 am
Enjoying the evening light.

Thanks for having a look. 

Edit:  I replaced the original with a less crunchy version.  Thanks to Scott and Slobodan for comments that were perhaps gentler than they should have been.  I got carried away with the mid-tones.

(http://churly.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v51/p852470041-4.jpg)
Title: Re: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: JohnBrew on May 19, 2012, 08:21:26 am
A wonderful coming together of the elements. Very cooperative model, btw.
Title: Re: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 19, 2012, 12:21:16 pm
I do like the flowing water.
The colours in the sky are great, but the texture looks a little crunchy on my screen.
Scott
Title: Re: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 19, 2012, 12:46:11 pm
A bit HDR-ish, no? And for what it's worth, I would keep the lower half a bit darker, to lead the viewer into the upper part, with the gull and sunset.
Title: Re: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: churly on May 20, 2012, 04:25:10 am
Thanks much for the comments which were spot on.  As I noted in an edit to the original post I have posted a bit less crunchy version. 
Title: Re: Relaxing in the glow
Post by: stpf8 on May 22, 2012, 01:34:46 pm
I think it all comes together very well.  The textures and colors are great, the gull is wonderfully positioned, and I get a sense of calm returning to the scene as the sun disappears below the horizon.