Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: John E on May 18, 2012, 03:09:46 pm

Title: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: John E on May 18, 2012, 03:09:46 pm
I printed this one up a bit darker, to accenuate the aspen trunks.
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: Michael H. Cothran on May 18, 2012, 03:38:29 pm
Ansel Adams took the same approach to a similar scene. I like the contrast, but feel like the leaves, in general, are too washed out.
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: John E on May 18, 2012, 06:06:46 pm
You know, Michael, I've been looking for that AA photo online for a while, but haven't found it. I knew this was derivative, as I've been looking for this shot for a while also. Re: the washed out look, in print, properly matted and framed, it's very pleasing to my eyes. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

John
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: Yogesh Sarkar on May 18, 2012, 10:17:57 pm
Thats a beautiful shot
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: John E on May 19, 2012, 10:43:32 am
Thanks, Yogesh, it was taken in a location not far from my home, so I hope to work it a bit more this coming fall.

John
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 19, 2012, 03:27:56 pm
...I've been looking for that AA photo online for a while, but haven't found it...

Well, here (http://www.google.com/imgres?q=ansel+adams+aspens&hl=en&client=safari&sa=X&rls=en&biw=1395&bih=1068&tbm=isch&prmd=imvnso&tbnid=dmHutyD1wHJ5UM:&imgrefurl=http://masters-of-photography.com/A/adams/adams_aspens_full.html&docid=svmbF_QhTQ6RwM&imgurl=http://masters-of-photography.com/images/full/adams/adams_aspens.jpg&w=593&h=475&ei=p_O3T5jTM8mmsAKNy4SLDA&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=192&vpy=262&dur=426&hovh=198&hovw=248&tx=118&ty=94&sig=110867931487298922976&page=1&tbnh=143&tbnw=178&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:80) it is.
Title: Re: Colorado aspen, September '11
Post by: John E on May 19, 2012, 04:15:54 pm
Thanks, Slobodan, that's the one.

John