Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on May 18, 2012, 09:03:29 am

Title: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Rob C on May 18, 2012, 09:03:29 am
There you go: exactly the sort of thing that is so simple to do, but you just can't buy the eyes with which to do it - they come as natural issue or they don't come at all.

Lovely.

Rob C
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: MatthewCromer on May 18, 2012, 10:36:58 am
I love this kind of image.  Very nice.
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Tony Jay on May 18, 2012, 08:44:55 pm
Wonderful composition but the light turns this image into something special.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Isaac on May 19, 2012, 02:19:57 pm
Michael,

Just curiousity:
- Does a week pass without you taking photographs?
- Does a day pass without you taking photographs?
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: michael on May 19, 2012, 02:24:25 pm
A day, yes. A week, no.

Michael
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Isaac on May 19, 2012, 02:29:59 pm
Thanks, I think I need to let fewer days pass without taking photos :-)
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 19, 2012, 06:09:50 pm
... Lovely.

Starting to like landscapes, Rob?  ;)
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Rob C on May 20, 2012, 03:34:29 am
Starting to like landscapes, Rob?  ;)




Slobodan, I have always respected the creative handiwork of God and some of Man's finer editing of same... I just don't feel myself to be one such editor and so why would I mess with perfection by promoting the lesser parts that collectively make the divine whole?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Ray on May 21, 2012, 12:56:33 am
Or to put it another way, Rob, you think that Clearview Hillside would be an excellent background for a bevy of buxom, bare-breasted beauties, right?  ;D
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Rob C on May 21, 2012, 03:53:43 am
Or to put it another way, Rob, you think that Clearview Hillside would be an excellent background for a bevy of buxom, bare-breasted beauties, right?  ;D




Ray, almost any background or moment is a good one for the offerings you've just proposed; however, the trick is to select the better ones, the more appropriate ones for the project and no, this wouldn't be one of them because it doesn't have that 'context' so favoured by calendar clients and self-styled connoisseurs such as curators and, dare I say it, the occasional snapper.

But bosoms aside (a touch of Total Recall - or was that to the front?) - the picture in question has its very own intrinsic charm, proving as I suggested before, that God knows best and seldom makes a duff design. However Man's skill in knowing where one design ends and another, self-sufficient section of the grander design begins isn't given to all of us to discern. That's where highly tuned, carefully honed and lovingly nurtured natural editing skills come into their own. You see the point, here? Natural selection which is, in reality, rather a rare skill. In other words, such as perhaps Darwin might have uttered: you chooses wot works and effs the rest. Simple.

You've ruined my day, Ray. I was determined to concentrate on buying in food and domestic necessities and here I am, breakfast mug of coldish tea by the tower (I'm told computers thrive in a moist atmosphere), and already the mind swells, inflamed to memory of mammary.

;-(

Rob C
Title: Re: Clearview Hillside
Post by: Tony Jay on May 21, 2012, 05:32:30 am
... and already the mind swells, inflamed to memory of mammary...

... doth a poet is born...

Regards

Tony Jay