Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: sailronin on May 18, 2012, 06:41:54 am

Title: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: sailronin on May 18, 2012, 06:41:54 am
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7231/7220674960_3a79a66cca_c.jpg)

Nikon D7000 w/Sigma 150-500 at 500
Title: Re: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: Tony Jay on May 18, 2012, 07:04:41 am
A good try of a possibly difficult subject but with the subject being blurred and the palm frond the only thing in focus I am not sure that this works.

Don't give up though.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: bill t. on May 18, 2012, 12:54:08 pm
You should have set the camera up on a tripod and shot 50 focus brackets!   ;D

I think it works pretty well.  The eye is first attracted to the sharp leaves, then the de-emphasized tiger has a certain surprise quality, like he snuck up unnoticed.  Which is what tigers like to do.  It's a kind of "uh-oh" moment.  Or "sneaked," which is correct but kind of flat.

Title: Re: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: louoates on May 18, 2012, 01:23:08 pm
Quite effective. Nicely done. Just the right focus emphasis for me.
Title: Re: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 18, 2012, 01:57:05 pm
Based on your signature, I took the liberty to suggest a possible variation on the theme:
Title: Re: Peek-a-boo...I see you
Post by: sailronin on May 19, 2012, 07:14:17 am
Thank you Gentlemen,
Good comments and yes, the focal point is intentional.
Slobodan, wonderful interpretation, thank you.

Dave