Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Sareesh Sudhakaran on May 17, 2012, 05:47:03 am
-
I just wanted to share my experiences at the recent Thrissur Puram (Thrissur being my home town in Kerala, India, and 'puram' meaning 'festival'). Imagine 50 or more elephants, a 100,000 people and earth-shattering fireworks rolled into a 24 hour period. It's one of the things that make my home town unique.
An image to get you started:
(http://wolfcrow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/fw9.jpg)
Here's a video of the last two minutes of fireworks. It's scary, so don't say I didn't warn you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ESrg3Cnf4nk
I did a photo-documentation (fancy word for snap-shooting) of the entire event, and I've blogged about it. Please feel free to take a peek at my part of the world:
- Elephants arrive in the morning - http://wolfcrow.com/blog/thrissur-puram-2012-photography-with-nowhere-to-turn-part-i/
- The kodamattan (Changing of the parasols - the main event) - http://wolfcrow.com/blog/thrissur-puram-2012-photography-with-nowhere-to-turn-part-ii/
- The fireworks at 3 a.m. - What the youngsters stay awake for - http://wolfcrow.com/blog/thrissur-puram-2012-photography-with-nowhere-to-turn-part-iii/
-
That's just like 4th of July in the US. Except with elephants. And really, really dangerous fireworks! Thanks, that was pretty intense.
Nice set of very informative photos & videos.
-
….and the audio, with the aid of a reasonable sub-woofer is………..impressive!
-
Thanks for watching. The second one was closer and even scarier. My wife got so scared she stopped recording and went into a shell.
-
Didn't know the audio on a Nokia N8 is that good! The real one woofed the pants off me.