Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: walter.sk on May 14, 2012, 05:38:10 pm

Title: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: walter.sk on May 14, 2012, 05:38:10 pm
Having upgraded from CS5 to CS6, I cannot find the icon (button) to click on to go to Bridge.  In CS5 it was on the menu bar, next to the Launch MiniBridge.

I know I can have the MiniBridge displayed in CS6 but it takes up to much real estate, and I have been used to going back and forth from CS5 to Bridge.  I also know I can use the keypboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+O, but I really liked using the button in the tool bar.

If it is gone, is there any chance of Adobe putting it back?  Doesn't seem like a giant undertaking...
Title: Re: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: Schewe on May 14, 2012, 06:22:33 pm
Having upgraded from CS5 to CS6, I cannot find the icon (button) to click on to go to Bridge.  In CS5 it was on the menu bar, next to the Launch MiniBridge.

That whole sub-panel is gone and it ain't coming back...sorry. Everything on that panel is available on a menu item. If you want a single "button" to push to browse, record and action and add an insert menu item and assign and F key...I have mine set to F14 and find it easier than having to move my mouse to the old button on the bar to get to Bridge...
Title: Re: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: walter.sk on May 14, 2012, 07:25:01 pm
,,, If you want a single "button" to push to browse, record and action and add an insert menu item and assign and F key...I have mine set to F14 and find it easier than having to move my mouse to the old button on the bar to get to Bridge...
Sounds good! Thanks.  I'll try it and see whether it works better for me than the Ctrl>Alt>O combo.
Title: Re: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: Jeffrey Combs on May 20, 2012, 05:13:11 pm
Since Bridge is a separate application from Photoshop, it doesn't have to be opened from inside Photoshop. You can put a "button" to open Bridge anywhere on your computer that you can put a "Button" to open Photoshop or any other application..on your Desktop (or Finder), in the Start menu, in the Taskbar in Windows, or the Dock in Mac. Try Adding Bridge to the Dock (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2474) in Mac or Pinning Bridge to the Taskbar (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/pin-a-program-to-the-taskbar) in Windows. Both are extremely accessible and convenient locations.


Title: Re: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: Chris_Brown on May 20, 2012, 08:26:38 pm
I have mine set to F14 and find it easier than having to move my mouse to the old button on the bar to get to Bridge.

I prefer command+tab to switch between apps.
Title: Re: CS6 missing icon to go to Bridge?
Post by: Jeffrey Combs on May 21, 2012, 09:27:30 am
That works too, Chris! My problem was that I found it cumbersome to have to initially go to the Mini-Bridge in order to open Bridge (If that's the only way to access Bridge from within PS CS6--I just upgraded from CS5 yesterday, and am just getting acquainted with CS6). At any rate, once Bridge is open Alt+Tab is indeed a great way to switch between open applications.