Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Terry Cooney on May 11, 2012, 03:21:57 pm

Title: IPF8300 B&W print too dark, color fine
Post by: Terry Cooney on May 11, 2012, 03:21:57 pm
I normally print full color prints on my IPF8300 and am very happy with the results, however, I recently printed an infrared photo converted to B&W in PS CS5, and it's noticeably darker, by about two stops. It's clear there are details on the monitor, but they disappear to black when printed. I then tried a color photo and it came out perfect.

Am I missing something easy?

I'm using an NEC 2690WUXI2 profiled with the NEC-branded puck. Printing on Canon HW Satin using the Canon plugin and the Canon paper profile for that paper.

Any help would be appreciated.
Title: Re: IPF8300 B&W print too dark, color fine
Post by: deanwork on May 11, 2012, 07:49:25 pm
Rather than selecting the icc profile in an rgb workflow, select no color management instead. Send the file to it as a grayscale 2.2 file.
Title: Re: IPF8300 B&W print too dark, color fine
Post by: neile on May 11, 2012, 11:15:50 pm
Try http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=66840.0 to start. We had a very similar discussion earlier this week.

Neil
Title: Re: IPF8300 B&W print too dark, color fine
Post by: Terry Cooney on May 12, 2012, 01:14:21 am
Thanks for the help, I'll play around with that.

I had seen the older post, but never went to one of the links; I'll check that as well.