Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Remo Nonaz on May 10, 2012, 08:36:31 am

Title: Import Keywords
Post by: Remo Nonaz on May 10, 2012, 08:36:31 am
Every time I import an image I get the keywords "nashau, xavier, church" in my keywords box. These were keywords entered a long time ago for a shoot at the Francis Xavier church in Nashua. Now they are in every image since. I know how to remove them, but I can't figure out how to stop generating them.

I've gone into the import settings and the auto-import settings and made sure that the keyword box is clear. But still, I get these words with all imports. How do I remove these correctly?  ???
Title: Re: Import Keywords
Post by: john beardsworth on May 10, 2012, 09:12:47 am
You are probably applying a metadata preset when you import the files. It probably has some keywords.
Title: Re: Import Keywords
Post by: Remo Nonaz on May 10, 2012, 09:37:45 am
OK. I'm not at my computer so I can't try it right now. I found these instuctions on changing the metadata, http://livedocs.adobe.com/en_US/Lightroom/1.0/help.html?content=WSF4981D28-4906-4eb2-B49D-1E517DA22357.html. I'll give it a shot when I get home. Thanks.
Title: Re: Import Keywords
Post by: wolfnowl on May 10, 2012, 04:28:20 pm
You may be using a metadata template, as suggested - or you could scroll down to the bottom right side of your import window and see if those three keywords are in the space there for keywords.  I tend to store my images by camera/location/month/year, so I create new import presets for each month and include in those presets keywords that are included for every image being imported at that time.

Mike.
Title: Re: Import Keywords
Post by: john beardsworth on May 10, 2012, 04:35:16 pm
Keywords aren't usually "sticky", Mike, so that's why I would bet on a template
Title: Re: Import Keywords
Post by: Remo Nonaz on May 10, 2012, 04:47:52 pm
Metadata preset. That was it and it had the exact keywords. I've set it to 'none' for now. Another aspect of Lr understood! Gad, this a complex product. (And it does so much once you know how to use it  :-\)