Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mark707 on May 08, 2012, 01:36:56 pm

Title: Cold laminating to acrylic - making holes in the photo paper
Post by: mark707 on May 08, 2012, 01:36:56 pm
Hi all,

Does anyone have any advice how to make holes in photo paper to allow the chrome fixing bolt through the paper and mounting holes?  I have tried using a punch but the paper is forced away from the acrylic.  I am thinking about drilling but I think I may have the same problem!

Many thanks for any info.

Mark
Title: Re: Cold laminating to acrylic - making holes in the photo paper
Post by: Wayne Fox on May 08, 2012, 08:34:28 pm
you punching from the front side?  Haven't done it (maybe others have, but seems punching or drilling from the paper side might work, also you might be able to use a template to cut the print and remove that portion before you drill it.

 I think I'd try drilling the holes before I removed the protective paper and mount the print after, then just trim the print from the hole.