Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: wolfnowl on May 07, 2012, 01:37:12 am
Beautiful reflection. Because of the symmetry, though, and because (to me), the focal point of the image is or should be where the black alluvial fan is, I feel somewhat cheated by the right edge of the frame.
Mike.
Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: francois on May 07, 2012, 07:38:04 am
I agree, the reflexion is wonderful and I also like the under-water details in the foreground.
But I like the idea raised by Mike just above although I haven't had the time to play with the image.
Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 07, 2012, 01:41:27 pm
Thank you for the remarks, Mike and Francois.
Mike, for some reason it did not occur to me to take a pano. But if you click on the link above there is another segment of the range that I did photograph.
Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: Jonathan Ratzlaff on May 08, 2012, 09:40:57 pm
The sky in the image is too featureless to be included. On both the top and bottom your eye is drawn out of the image from the subject. If you crop the image to exclude the sky and emphasize the division between the reflection and the mountains, you would have a stronger image.
Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 09, 2012, 09:49:32 am
Sumptuous! I agree that the sky detracts from the image. I might try to darken it a little. Scott
Title: Re: Mjóifjörður reflections
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 09, 2012, 12:54:31 pm