Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Matt Tilghman on May 07, 2012, 01:24:31 am

Title: Disappearing Act
Post by: Matt Tilghman on May 07, 2012, 01:24:31 am
This is a photo of Phantom Falls from North Table Mountain Ecological Preserve, near Chico, California.  What a wonderful place!  The waterfall is seasonal and was supposed to stop flowing by now, but with the late rains we got this year, many think it will continue to flow for about another month.  Even so, it was feather thin when I saw it.

This place was just magical... the cliffs, the hills, the wildflowers, and, of course, the waterfalls.  It was one of the coolest landscapes I've found California for a while.  And best of all, they have no problem with letting you stay until sunset :)

(http://tilghman.smugmug.com/Landscapes/California/i-8HHh74n/0/M/phant1S-M.jpg)

Larger Version (http://www.tilghman.smugmug.com/gallery/8935629_DRk4e#!i=1827020370&k=8HHh74n&lb=1&s=O)

Hope you enjoy!
Matt
Title: Re: Disappearing Act
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on May 07, 2012, 01:28:40 am
Beautiful image.
Title: Re: Disappearing Act
Post by: wolfnowl on May 07, 2012, 01:37:48 am
Looks like a wonderful place to be...

Mike.
Title: Re: Disappearing Act
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on May 07, 2012, 08:53:32 am
Gorgeous.
Title: Re: Disappearing Act
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on May 07, 2012, 10:01:10 am
I like the muted earth tones and the composition. I would try to add a vignette, to tame the brightness in the corners, especially in the lower right-hand one, in order to let the waterfall be the brightest spot.