Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on May 04, 2012, 12:04:11 am

Title: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: MTGFender on May 04, 2012, 12:04:11 am
Phase One DF & IQ180
Mamiya 35mm AF
ISO 35, f/8, 60 sec.
Thanks for viewing.
______________________________________
Pramote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63733213@N00/
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: sdwilsonsct on May 04, 2012, 11:52:25 am
Outstanding!
Scott
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: John R Smith on May 04, 2012, 12:47:14 pm

Very impressionist, very painterly, very pictorialist.

Two things strike me. First, the irony of using an 80MP back for a long exposure picture where movement blurs all detail (not that you shouldn't, but it still made me smile). And then, the moon (?) at the top of the frame. It distracts me, pulling my eye up above the clouds because it is so bright.

So, although the picture has many strengths and conjures up a wonderful mood, I am not sure that it entirely succeeds.

John
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: MTGFender on May 04, 2012, 02:15:58 pm
Thanks Scott and John!
For the 80mp, at least, I can have a very large print, great color and less Photoshop; nothing to pay more.
I like the way it was and left the moon and everything else untouched. I know people can have different opinions and your comment is very well accepted :) I actually waited until the moon was unhidden by the clouds.
Thanks again.
Pramote
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: wolfnowl on May 05, 2012, 01:57:26 am
Nice clouds!  But I'm with John about the moon...

Mike.
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: francois on May 05, 2012, 06:13:21 am
Again, a very nice image!
Title: Re: The Clouds, Cancun, Mexico
Post by: MTGFender on May 05, 2012, 10:34:34 am
Francois & Mike...Thanks for your kind words.