Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: natas on May 03, 2012, 03:52:00 pm

Title: New Plustek scanner
Post by: natas on May 03, 2012, 03:52:00 pm
http://www.geardiary.com/2012/01/04/plustek-to-unveil-new-line-of-scanners-at-ces/

Does anyone have info on this new scanner? I tried contacting plustek but got no response. I am very interested in this scanner.
Title: Re: New Plustek scanner
Post by: natas on May 04, 2012, 09:28:56 am
That is not the same scanner I am referring to. The scanner I listed is not out yet. The new scanner I am referring to can scan medium format film
Title: Re: New Plustek scanner
Post by: Doug Fisher on May 04, 2012, 11:19:30 am
If you go over to Rangefinderforum.com, there is a huge/long thread about it there.  A company representative is participating in the thread.  He has been pretty non-specific in regard to the delay but I believe that somewhere in the thread there was speculation the company was going to rely on a Kodak sensor and that Kodak left them high and dry so the company is trying to implement an alternate plan.

Doug
Title: Re: New Plustek scanner
Post by: artobest on May 04, 2012, 11:50:29 am
It has a Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.288795254540161.70751.169691449783876&type=1). Nifty-looking film holder.