Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: mdijb on May 02, 2012, 07:10:42 pm

Title: HDR image blending not working well
Post by: mdijb on May 02, 2012, 07:10:42 pm
I am trying Jeff's Image blending method  covered in the LR4 Video series on HDR.  I do not have 5 images , only 3.  I tried blending the +2 stop image into the -2 stop image using the split slider as described.  The image is a lace covered bright window in a dark room.  The lace becomes very wierd around the edges and looks almost like solarization and is very unpleasant.  I noticed in the video you are blending 16 bit tiff files--I was using DNG files--could that be the problem?  Is the stop difference between images advocated in the Video essential?

MDIJB
Title: Re: HDR image blending not working well
Post by: stamper on May 03, 2012, 04:07:46 am
You don't state how you captured the original images. Is the metering for the 3 the same and how far do they overlap. I think that lace close up would be hard to blend? Imo panoramas are more suited to landscapes where there is a fair distance between the camera and subject and the subjects are parallel to the sensor on the camera.