Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: David Heathcock on May 01, 2012, 03:41:04 pm
-
Have an NEC multisync pa 241, eye one display2 and Spectraview profiler 5 software. Untill recently all was, seemingly, well. Now I get a colour cast after profiling. Also switched back to the Gretag Macbeth software: similar cast. If I switch to one of the presets the cast is gone. Any ideas?
David.
-
If you can restore good looking previous profiles, that probably means there something is wrong with the puck or what it's seeing. Have you checked for dirt/lint/etc in the aperture? Is the puck putting enough pressure on the screen to be distorting the the LCD surface? Maybe you've got contamination from ambient light. When I calibrate the screen in high ambient light I usually drape a black t-shirt over the puck, being careful not to block ventilation at the top of the monitor.
Is there a software diagnostic for the puck on the Xrite site?
-
Thanks for the reply Bill. I use a screen to protect the puck from ambient light and the x-rite diagnostics says it is okay. Will try cleaning the puck. My guess was that it was/is broken but I wanted to see if anyone else had had this problem before purchasing a new puck: it is after all a bit out of date!
-
They die pretty fast. I'd get i1Display Pro instead.
-
I milked one of those pucks for too many years. When I upgraded, the improvement in monitor image quality was not exactly earth-shaking but it was definitely noticeable.
For completeness, you can also reinstall the USB driver and other related software for the puck, using the latest versions. But don't get your hopes up. But if you had a previous model of puck installed, all that might be worthwhile.
-
Same problem with Eizo/X-Rite i1 of 3 year vintage. Green and muddy monitor calibrated as a result, drove me nuts as I re tried everything. I only calibrate the monitor and farm out my printer profiles so I went for the SpyderPro4, which can use the ColourNavigator software, be upgraded later if I want.
Datacolour claim improved accuracy across units and longer life with these new calibration pucks.
It worked very well.