Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: Andy Barnes on May 01, 2012, 08:29:18 am
-
Interesting piece in the British Journal of Photography (http://bit.ly/JPyPSo) on a rare Nikkor 6mm f2.8 lens that is up for auction. Asking price? £100,000.
The lens is a whopper though. Just the thing for candid street photography, perhaps?
Andy
-
If I am not mistaken this lens was/is used for IMAX movies, among other things. I have a CD with a cover shot of St. Paul's interior taken straight up to the dome, with the pews and floor showing on all sides...
-
If I am not mistaken this lens was/is used for IMAX movies, among other things.
It was reputedly commissioned to be manufactured by BP for taking single photographs of the inside of oil storage tanks. Having designed and built them for BP Nikon went on to make some extras. They did the rounds at trade shows back in the 70s, I remember being amazed by it at the trade launch of the FM in London (76 or 77 ?)
Paul