Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Mike Sellers on April 27, 2012, 11:35:45 am

Title: BC Crystalline
Post by: Mike Sellers on April 27, 2012, 11:35:45 am
Is anyone printing with this canvas? Impressions? Not needing a coating sure does appeal?
Mike
Title: Re: BC Crystalline
Post by: Paul2660 on April 27, 2012, 09:29:50 pm
I have used Crystalline now for about 1 year.  BC now has the glossy working perfectly.  The curl issues have been fixed. 
This canvas offers a great DMAX in a print, has a nice weave, and shows a lot of details.  Will stretch without a top coat
and has a good durability (so far).  Corner rubs are about the only issue I have.  If you top coat, I would use Timeless, and
make spray not roll.  If you mount to gator/masonite you may want to top coat as if you get any glue/water on the surface
you can remove while wiping off the print. 

Paul
Title: Re: BC Crystalline
Post by: Mike Sellers on April 28, 2012, 10:18:09 am
Thanks Paul. I checked the website and it is sold out except for the 44 inch rolls so I will have to wait some more to try it.
Mike
Title: Re: BC Crystalline
Post by: Paul2660 on April 29, 2012, 10:35:19 am
Mike:

I would give them a call, Monday.  It's my understanding that Crystalline is full production again.  They should know when a new batch
is coming off.

Paul