Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Chris Calohan on April 20, 2012, 12:56:51 pm

Title: Day Lily
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 20, 2012, 12:56:51 pm
(http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7274/7093182989_70b6f74289_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 20, 2012, 02:40:48 pm
Wow! nice one.
My only nit is that I would try and make the focus consistent between the anther bases and the background buds.
Scott
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 20, 2012, 03:11:56 pm
Thanks..I am just now learning macro/closeup photography, so that is good information. Would I have more luck by increasing depth of field or am I going to have to learn focus stacking as well?
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: Tony Jay on April 20, 2012, 06:33:25 pm
Excellent image

BTW focus stacking is probably the way to go to control DOF.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: sdwilsonsct on April 20, 2012, 06:47:08 pm
There is much to be said for a shallow DOF. I might use a little blurring on the buds to make them consistent with the anther bases.
Scott
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: dgberg on April 20, 2012, 07:34:51 pm
Very nice.
What did you dofor lighting?
Title: Re: Day Lily
Post by: Chris Calohan on April 20, 2012, 08:37:42 pm
Late afternoon sun, and used a homemade diffuser consisting of plastic piping in a 3 foot square with semi-opaque plastic sheeting covering the frame. Softens the light just right under almost any lighting condition.