Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: mdijb on April 19, 2012, 12:41:20 am

Title: Round trip to CS5
Post by: mdijb on April 19, 2012, 12:41:20 am
I watched the Video in THe LR4 series about sending an image to CS5 fromLR4.  This video sends the image directly to CS5 and when the image is saved, it comes back into LR4.

When I do the same, a window appears the asks if I want to send the original, a copy or a copy with LR adjustments.  The video does not reference this process, but looks a lot simpler.

What is going on here?  Has something changed?

MDIJB

Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: Schewe on April 19, 2012, 12:56:36 am
When I do the same, a window appears the asks if I want to send the original, a copy or a copy with LR adjustments.  The video does not reference this process, but looks a lot simpler.

Are you opening a raw file or a JPEG/TIFF/PSD? You'll get different dlogs based on the file type you are opening.
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: David Watson on April 19, 2012, 05:11:33 pm
Hi

This is driving me a little mad.  In LR4 when I opened a raw file in PSCS5 it brought up a dialogue saying various things (original, lightroom adjustments etc) which was very useful.  It meant I could do my raw adjustments in LR and then tweak the image in CS5.

Now with LR4 the image opens in CS5 w/o LR adjustments and w/o the dialogue box.  I have checked and re-checked prefs but cannot see where I am going wrong.  I even upgraded to RC4.1 but with no improvement.  Where am I going wrong?  Is this a bug?

help please.
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: Schewe on April 19, 2012, 06:40:57 pm
Go to LR Preferences, General and click on the Reset all warnings dialogs. That will cause the Render in Lightroom warning to come back.
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: mdijb on April 19, 2012, 07:24:09 pm
WHen I open a raw file-> option to render in LR appears

WHEn I open a tiff->  the above option window appears

Separate question--How can I send a Virtual copy to lR, edit it , and bring it back as a separate image in LR--it seem to retrun from CS5 but replaces the Virtual copy instead remaoing a new version.

MDIJB
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: David Watson on April 20, 2012, 02:26:23 am
Go to LR Preferences, General and click on the Reset all warnings dialogs. That will cause the Render in Lightroom warning to come back.

Thank you
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: Walter Schulz on April 20, 2012, 02:45:01 pm
Go to LR Preferences, General and click on the Reset all warnings dialogs. That will cause the Render in Lightroom warning to come back.

No luck here. Done the setting, button is greyed out now but dialog box won't pop up.
LR 4.1 RC 1 + CS 5.1 extended + ACR 6.7 RC 1 (German), Windows 7 Ultimate.
Any ideas?

Ciao, Walter
Title: Re: Round trip to CS5
Post by: David Eichler on April 21, 2012, 02:48:37 am
No luck here. Done the setting, button is greyed out now but dialog box won't pop up.
LR 4.1 RC 1 + CS 5.1 extended + ACR 6.7 RC 1 (German), Windows 7 Ultimate.
Any ideas?

Ciao, Walter

Same here. Button greyed out and warning wont appear.