Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: MTGFender on April 16, 2012, 05:03:51 pm

Title: Cherry Creek State Park, CO - Nikon D800
Post by: MTGFender on April 16, 2012, 05:03:51 pm
Nikon D800 and Nikon 16-45mm VR
Focal length 16mm, ISO 100, f/22 and 1/5 sec.
Thanks for viewing.
__________________________________________
Pramote
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63733213@N00/
Title: Re: Cherry Creek State Park, CO - Nikon D800
Post by: Darren on April 16, 2012, 06:49:44 pm
I'm not sure if a test shot is meant for critique, or what, but I'll just comment on two technical aspects. The trees on the right seem abnormally soft, especially given that it seems the grasses immediately around them appear sharper. Secondly, f/22 is vast overkill at 16mm for this particular scene.
Title: Re: Cherry Creek State Park, CO - Nikon D800
Post by: MTGFender on April 16, 2012, 07:44:21 pm
I did not mean anything by writing this picture was a test shot.
New camera, new lens. I just wanted to see how the lens could handle the diffraction. I returned the lens and replace it with Nikon 14-24mm.
Thanks :)