Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Rob C on April 15, 2012, 04:01:25 am

Title: LuLa Convention
Post by: Rob C on April 15, 2012, 04:01:25 am
During a ‘real’ conversation yesterday with Chris Feldhaim, a fellow LuLa shooter with whom we are all familiar, the notion arose of a European Convention of us likely lads and lasses.
 
I say European, but the better idea would be an international such convention. However, logistics and money always come into these things, and maybe the denizens of the Far West, in that strange land across the Atlantic (not to mention those in the even stranger Underworld in the southern zone) would rather buy another MF back. I'd hope not, but let's be realistic which, for photographers, is no easy thing to be.
 
For what it's worth, and since it’s pretty central, I would love to visit Madrid and I'm sure Fred could point us all in some of the right directions... w.a.gs. could all amuse themselves shopping etc. Is it worth tossing around?
 
Rob C
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Bryan Conner on April 15, 2012, 04:16:03 am
I would definitely be interested.
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: fredjeang on April 15, 2012, 05:47:56 am
Ad one more in the list.

That would be nice.
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: michael on April 15, 2012, 08:02:04 am
Why not do it in Cologne in September, around the time of Photokina?

I'll be there.

M
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Rob C on April 15, 2012, 09:29:37 am
Why not do it in Cologne in September, around the time of Photokina?

I'll be there.

M



Romance v. Efficiency; Fashion v. Practical; Tapas v. Sauerkraut.

I'm sure you could squeeze an additional couple of days in the autumn sunshine...?

;-)

Rob C
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: bill t. on April 15, 2012, 02:29:21 pm
As any landscape photographer worth his can of mosquito repellent can tell you, never schedule any event between September and mid November, when Nature is at her loveliest and you have work to do.  I should not have to mention this.   :)
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: michael on April 15, 2012, 02:35:59 pm


Romance v. Efficiency; Fashion v. Practical; Tapas v. Sauerkraut.

I'm sure you could squeeze an additional couple of days in the autumn sunshine...?

;-)

Rob C

Would be nice, but I'm already jamming a few days at Photokina into a vacation trip with my wife.

M
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on April 15, 2012, 02:46:39 pm
I think Cologne is a great idea, though I had wished for something not in Germany for obvious reasons. But it makes a lot of sense and would be a reason to visit the photokina (I've never been there).
I myself do not know Cologne well - I had only been there once many years ago, but there is some interesting stuff in Cologne and around it.
Meeting Rob here in Mallorca and going out for a walk with some gorgeous light was really fun, loking at each others prints and do a lot of talking.
This kind of real world stuff brings something healthy and fun into this virtual place - now there's a voice and a face behind the person.
I'd definitely be in for a meeting I'd suppose to be a lot of fun.












Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: fredjeang on April 15, 2012, 04:54:09 pm
What about hotels during the Kina ? It's gona be packed everywhere.
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Rob C on April 16, 2012, 03:40:22 am
What about hotels during the Kina ? It's gona be packed everywhere.


And prices through the roof; makes that MFDB attractive... but wait, it wouldn't fit my Nikon F3, would it? Oh well, as Keith said, another one bites the dust.

Rob C
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Riaan van Wyk on April 21, 2012, 11:50:19 am
Won't be able to make Madrid but there are two other members from the "strange underworld" ( Heinz and William Walker) who I could maybe round up for a gathering to echo the one in the north, seeing that they live relatively close by.

A local photography forum that I used to frequent had a "members in action" board where photographers posted pics of each other which added a different flavour to the forum. Attached is one of me.
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on April 21, 2012, 12:09:50 pm
Riaan, was that meant as an illustration for the forthcoming article Camera Accidents Waiting to Happen? ;)
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: kevk on April 22, 2012, 01:54:18 am
..or perhaps a headline..."Tourist taken by crocodile in Kakadu"...
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: francois on April 23, 2012, 05:11:04 am
..or perhaps a headline..."Tourist taken by crocodile in Kakadu"...


"Tourist taken by crocodile in Kakadu", camera unscathed!

 :D
Title: Re: LuLa Convention
Post by: Rob C on April 23, 2012, 08:50:52 am
Yes, but are any of them going to Madrid?

Rob C