Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: John R Smith on April 14, 2012, 10:47:26 am
-
Here's one from Cornwall. It's a very conventional English landscape, with some nice clouds.
Taken on my Hass SWC with 38mm Biogon, CFV-39 DB, and developed in Lightroom 3 using my home-brewed B/W presets.
Oh yes, 'Ivanhoe' is the name of the house just across the lane.
John
-
It has a fine, timeless quality to it.
-
Ah, John The Rebel!
Is that a combination even Hasselblad is advising against (i.e., digital back and SWC: "Lens design not optimized for digital capture. Edge sharpness can be compromized.")? ;) I guess Hasselblad's "compromised sharpness" is another man's "I'd kill for such 'unsharp' edges" :)
I like the visual repetition of the lines in the foreground and those in the sky, btw.
-
Is that a combination even Hasselblad is advising against (i.e., digital back and SWC: "Lens design not optimized for digital capture. Edge sharpness can be compromized.")? ;)
Slobodan
Yes, you are correct. This is not an approved Hasselblad setup. However, for general landscape work like this, I have never noticed a problem. We are fairly well stopped-down, though, to f11. The SWC and CFV is a lot handier combination than my 500s with a 40mm Distagon.
Thanks for your comments.
John