Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => The Coffee Corner => Topic started by: Chris_Brown on April 13, 2012, 09:17:55 pm

Title: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: Chris_Brown on April 13, 2012, 09:17:55 pm
Based on this 2012 list of best-to-worst jobs (http://www.careercast.com/jobs-rated/2012-ranking-200-jobs-best-worst), there are better life choices than being a professional photographer. Like job #145: Auto Mechanic. Or at #166: a photojournalist.
Title: Re: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: bill t. on April 13, 2012, 10:57:27 pm
Ah yes, but we are way ahead of Lumberjacks!  And I'm OK with that.

Unfortunately, Sewage Plant Operators do somewhat look down their noses at us.
Title: Re: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on April 13, 2012, 11:43:14 pm
And all 200 of these seem to be ahead of College Professors, who don't even make it into the top 200 (I were one).  :(
Title: Re: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: wolfnowl on April 14, 2012, 02:12:27 am
The first time I went into the unemployment office the woman looked at the forms I had filled in and asked me what my background was.  I replied, "Fish and Wildlife Technologist".  She went away for a moment, came back and said, "You don't exist."

Existential moment?

Mike.
Title: Re: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: bill t. on April 14, 2012, 02:50:34 am
She went away for a moment, came back and said, "You don't exist."

You should have said, "Cogito ergo sum."  Surely they have a slot for philosophers.

So Descartes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum) walks into a bar.  Bartender says, "wanna beer?"  Descartes says,  "I Think Not."  And he just disappears.  There might be two people left in the world who haven't heard that.
Title: Re: Job #147: Photographer
Post by: Rob C on April 14, 2012, 03:54:45 am
You should have said, "Cogito ergo sum."  Surely they have a slot for philosophers.

So Descartes (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cogito_ergo_sum) walks into a bar.  Bartender says, "wanna beer?"  Descartes says,  "I Think Not."  And he just disappears.  There might be two people left in the world who haven't heard that.


Now there's only one; I feel sad.

Rob C