Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Peter J M on April 13, 2012, 08:58:44 am
-
Hello everybody,
My Z3200 (44) is displaying "Manufacturing Mode" on the LCD panel. HP replaced the controller card and the HD (formatter unit) but this problem reappeared after 2 days of use. I don't get any error codes/messages (as far as I can see). I will appreciate any recommendations that you may have from your z3200 experience.
On a side note - did any of you replace that HD with your own unit (Solid State disks are cheap and never go bad)? Is it even possible to read HP file system?
-
Seems to me that if HP did a repair and the machine has a problem 2 days later, then contacting HP about their service call is an appropriate course of action and perhaps request a call-back of the technician.
The disk is probably in FAT format (ie. PC) but a challenge might be that the printer knows about the UUID of teh original disk and refuse to mount a new foreign disk w/o some sort of secret HP config utility