Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: G_Allen on April 11, 2012, 11:48:40 am

Title: Dual display color problems with mac 10.7 Lion (photoshop)
Post by: G_Allen on April 11, 2012, 11:48:40 am
Hi everyone,

I recently upgraded to Lion, and am now having color issues with my dual displays.

It appears that Photoshop (CS5) is only recognizing the color profile for the "main" display (the one with the menu bar). If I drag an image from the main display to my second display, the color is not accurate.

If I switch the menu bar to the second display, Photoshop then only displays the color correctly on that screen and not the other.

This appears to be a Lion (10.7) issue, as the color was consistent across both screen with Snow Leopard (10.6).

Any ideas? I have searched, but haven't found a solution.

I'm using an iMac 27" with an external NEC PA271W, both calibrated.

Thanks!
Title: Re: Dual display color problems with mac 10.7 Lion (photoshop)
Post by: shewhorn on April 18, 2012, 04:13:44 pm
Preferences->Performance->Enable OpenGL

Double check that and make sure Enable OpenGL is checked. If not, check it, then restart Photoshop.
Title: Re: Dual display color problems with mac 10.7 Lion (photoshop)
Post by: howardm on April 18, 2012, 10:53:30 pm
I ran into exactly the same issue just last weekend.  The bug seems to be somewhat non-constant in that I can sometimes move an image across screens and it'll do it wrong and other times it'll do it correctly.  Same thing if I duplicate the image.  But turning *OFF* OpenGL always fixes it (the previous poster is incorrect, OpenGL needs to be OFF).  From what I've seen and read on the Adobe forums, you can't use any level of OPenGL (basic, normal or adv). 

So far, I dont think I've seen the problem in CS6 (which is supposed to be released in the next week) and Adobe won't be fixing CS5 since they see it as an Apple/Lion problem.