Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: nemophoto on April 09, 2012, 04:03:14 pm

Title: Changing Photo Info font
Post by: nemophoto on April 09, 2012, 04:03:14 pm
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the Photo Info font (printed on the bottom of a print) to ANYTHING other than boring Arial/Helvetica? One would think that Adobe, being a graphics and type company, would allow some sort of font option when printing. But, none that I can find. Also, any way to print somewhere other than centered (i.e. - left). Thanks.

Nemo
Title: Re: Changing Photo Info font
Post by: Remo Nonaz on April 10, 2012, 10:51:46 am
I posted a similar question recently, wondering how you make the text wrap to a second line. The answer, I discovered, was to use an external text editor that would include the control characters for wrapping text. This can also be done by adding  control-enter' into your text. I suspect you could do the same, adding the control characters to change the size, font and position of your text, but it is not a feature of Lr, it is a work-around that pulls in some text editing characters that Lr will recognize.

Fundamentally, Lr is quite weak in this area. Which as you note, seems quite odd coming from Adobe. 
Title: Re: Changing Photo Info font
Post by: nemophoto on April 10, 2012, 11:06:45 am
Thanks, Remo. While there are control characters to formatting, unfortunately, I don't believe the same exists specifying a font.