Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Michael H. Cothran on April 09, 2012, 03:14:31 pm
-
I recently purchased a new Mac Pro, and with it a new keyboard. Before this, I could access the Fill window (in PS) by pressing F5 (or maybe Shift F5). I cannot do so with the new keyboard.
Since I use Fill frequently, I would like to have a short cut again. Can anyone instruct me on how to set up an F key for this function? Since I was used to F5, I'd like to assign it there.
-
The F key is Shift F5 by default (unless you've edited it in Edit>Keyboard Shortcuts). The other shortcut is Shift/Delete.
-
sometimes, some other piece of software can 'intercept' keyboard shortcuts for their own use and it's a challenge to find them
I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get the very cool on-screen brush resize/hardness adj. to work (opt/cntrl, drag) till I found
Hyperdock was eating that key combo.
-
Jeff - Shift/Delete works, and I'll use that. Thank you. The issue is that I did not edit anything, as I don't know how. Shift F5 has never worked with this new keyboard or my Mac Pro. But F5 brings up the brushes palette, and Shift F5 brings up a PS window stating "The command "Grow" is not currently available." ??? Have no idea what that refers to. But to the point, even though the Edit drop down menu shows Shift F5, it doesn't work. Jeff - Where do you pick up all these neat little tidbits???
Howard - I'm getting the brush palette with F5. Hmmm...
What you're saying is making sense, but it's all within PS CS3 on my machine.
All said above, I'd still like to know how to assign an F key to a certain function. I've got 5 F keys (including F5) that could be put to work.
-
I'd suggest you study your Photoshop keyboard shortcuts which is found under Edit>Shortcuts in Photoshop and edit what you want and don't want there. Another handy little app for the Mac is FunctionFlip (http://kevingessner.com/software/functionflip/) which lets you control what the default action is for the function keys on your Mac keyboard. This gives you more options with the function keys when you're actually using an app on a Mac.