Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Michael H. Cothran on April 08, 2012, 05:16:56 pm
-
Forgive my lame title, but I am having a senior moment.
Re - Photoshop
Can anyone tell me how to make a new layer at the top of the layer palette which display the current rendition of all the layers beneath it? I believe it is referred to as "State of the..." ???
What is the keyboard shortcut on a Mac?
Thank you.
-
From the top layer hold the option/alt key then go into the Layers panel flyout and select Merge Visible.
-
On Windows its
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E
There should be a MAC equivalent
-
Ctrl+Alt+Shift+E
I draw the line on trying to remember more than two command keys plus a letter :~)
-
Thanks Jeff & Christoph
Both ways worked.
Christoph - FYI - On a Mac it would be Command/Option instead of Control/Alt, + Shift E
Jeff - you are so right. Not only is 4 keys difficult to remember, it also requires some "skillful" dexterity to pull off. ;D
-
Turn on all the layers you want to include, click the top layer, press command/option/shift/E.
-
I draw the line on trying to remember more than two command keys plus a letter :~)
I just memorize it as "All + E"
:)