Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: wheatcraft on April 06, 2012, 07:31:45 pm

Title: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: wheatcraft on April 06, 2012, 07:31:45 pm
Has anyone experienced problems printing to an Epson 9900 from LR 4?
Here is what I am experiencing:
I am printing to a 24" roll, and have set the length to 18", so an 18x24 print:
1. it prints 24x13, and the image is partial, and offset.
2. it prints 24x19 (should be 18!!) and the image is centered.

Does this ring a bell with anyone?
Thanks,
Steve Wheatcraft
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: Tony Jay on April 06, 2012, 07:39:52 pm
I have experienced a similar issue with centering with 24" rolls printing on an Epson 7900.
I am interested to see what transpires.
I am also sure the solution is simple once one knows the solution.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: madmanchan on April 06, 2012, 08:02:28 pm
I have been printing fine from Lr 4 on Mac OS 10.6.8 to an Epson 7900.  The key is to set up a custom paper size and make sure the margins are set (in Page Setup) to be equal on all sides (e.g., 0.25 in).
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: Tony Jay on April 06, 2012, 08:09:15 pm
The key is to set up a custom paper size and make sure the margins are set (in Page Setup) to be equal on all sides (e.g., 0.25 in).

So Eric, to confirm, it is no use merely having symmetrical margins set eg top and bottom 1.0" and left and right sides say 1.5", but they all have to be the same value?

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: wheatcraft on April 07, 2012, 10:41:04 am
I should have mentioned that I am on a Mac, OSX 10.7, Lion. I have a feeling this may have something to do with the problem ...
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: Tony Jay on April 08, 2012, 04:59:19 am
FWIW I have followed Eric's advice and it works.

Regards

Tony Jay
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: Rob Stone on July 02, 2014, 11:51:44 am
While Eric's reply addresses the centering issue, it does not address the issue that you were getting 19" instead of 18".  I have experienced the same problem.  Did you find a solution?  So far, I have not been able to solve this in LR.  Let me know if you have a solution
Title: Re: Printing from LR 4 to Epson 9900
Post by: Wayne Fox on July 03, 2014, 01:31:36 pm
While Eric's reply addresses the centering issue, it does not address the issue that you were getting 19" instead of 18".  I have experienced the same problem.  Did you find a solution?  So far, I have not been able to solve this in LR.  Let me know if you have a solution

The total length will always be long, unless you enable double cut in the paper handling dialog box, because the printer requires some extra paper, and leaves it there unless you tell it to cut it off (double cut).

As far as weird printing issues (sections printing in wrong places) this sort of thing is often caused by transposing the width and height in the custom size box.  The width is the width of the paper itself, not the final print you want. The height of the paper is how long of piece you want to print.  The width and height setting are not related to the orientation of the print, and when printing a landscape oriented image I’ve seen many times the user will use  the width of the final desired image into the width box of custom paper size.

I’ve never seen an issue setting all the margins to 0 ... if you select the printer  in the custom size dialog box,  the default is 0.