Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: mark707 on April 04, 2012, 02:25:12 pm

Title: Wagner in the UK
Post by: mark707 on April 04, 2012, 02:25:12 pm
Hi all,

I am looking into buying a Wagner HVLP system to convert from rolling to spraying, however the Wagner Control Spray Plus system does not appear to be available in the UK.  I have found this similar product in the UK at http://www.mptools.co.uk/pp/Spray+Equipment/HVLP+Machines/Wagner+W670+HVLP+Spray+System.html and wondered if anyone had any comments about how it should compare with the Control Spray Plus system.

Also, the same website offers the W670 with a Fine Spray Gun W670FS, would this be the best option for canvas?

Many thanks
Mark
Title: Re: Wagner in the UK
Post by: enduser on April 05, 2012, 02:13:39 am
We've used one of these for a few years now.  Seems quite good for us on canvas..

http://www.mptools.co.uk/pp/Spray_Equipment/HVLP_Machines/Wagner_W560_HVLP_Fine_Spray_System.html
Title: Re: Wagner in the UK
Post by: mark707 on April 05, 2012, 05:46:13 am
Thanks for the info.

Mark
Title: Re: Wagner in the UK
Post by: John Nollendorfs on April 05, 2012, 11:38:55 am
Mark:
I've used the Wagner twin turbine for a couple of years, paid about $65US for it. It works fine, but I found I had to fiddle with the controls quite a bit to get the results I wanted. The tip tended to clog. One tip that helped a lot was to have the container at least 1/2 full of material to spray--this helped with consistency a lot.

But recently I bought one of these units from a low cost supplier here in the US. It  does require a compressor, but I had a small 5 gallon unit that I was using with my pneumatic stapler (From the ratings, this would not supply the "required" volume of air). It worked fantastic. The gravity feed was more positive. The spray was finer and only directed at the canvas. The main difference I found was there was less over-spray in my spray room--the hallmark of using a HVLP sprayer. I would highly recommend this type of unit, if you already have a compressor. Also, you don't need the higher capacity compressor, if only spraying a few canvas' at a time. A 5 gallon tank unit has worked fine for me thus far.

http://www.harborfreight.com/20-oz-high-volume-low-pressure-gravity-feed-spray-gun-47016.html