Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Michael H. Cothran on April 02, 2012, 08:14:26 pm

Title: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: Michael H. Cothran on April 02, 2012, 08:14:26 pm
Here's two from this past weekend with my fairly new (6 weeks old) H4D, and the 35-90 zoom.
First is a rapids on the Little River (Little River Road), and the second is the Middle Prong, in the Tremont area.

Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: Dewi Sant on April 03, 2012, 06:40:02 am
I quite like these, just the right amount of movement showing in the water without turning it to "milk" like so many do.  I'm not lover of overdone long exposures on water.  Nice shots

Dewi
Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: francois on April 03, 2012, 07:38:20 am
I quite like these, just the right amount of movement showing in the water without turning it to "milk" like so many do.  I'm not lover of overdone long exposures on water.  Nice shots

Dewi

+1

Well done!
Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: GlennMorimoto on April 03, 2012, 05:46:19 pm
You can certainly feel the energy in these images, well done!
Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: rambler44 on April 03, 2012, 08:48:59 pm
In the top image you found a very nice natural curve and line of the stream letting it flow right oit of the lower left corner of the frame.  The stream is a nice easy line for the eye to follow.  The soft light really lets the  colors stand out in detail.  You chose a perfect small segment of the stream that clearly lets your subject, the stream play its major role.  I can picture another smoky day in the Smokies!
Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: Michael H. Cothran on April 04, 2012, 07:17:15 pm
Thank you for the kind replies. Here's one more to add from the weekend. It is a two-image focus stack, done manually in CS3.
Title: Re: Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Post by: rambler44 on April 05, 2012, 08:30:27 pm
Nice greens!  I can almost see the sun coming through the trees, yet the light is not bright enough to wash out the colors.  Very nice image.