Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: JonathanRimmel on April 02, 2012, 03:28:45 pm
-
I inquired with Adobe about getting a free upgrade to Lightroom 4 (since I very recently purchased Lightroom 3) and they approved my request a week later (longer than they stated). The order was placed by Adobe March 16th. They said initially that it would take about 5 business days. No lightroom yet. I checked today and it said now that it would take about 7 business days and arrive sometime between April 9 and April 12. It hasn't been shipped yet. Why is it taking so long? I am hesitant to contact Adobe after hearing a few horror stories of products being put further back in queue every time you contact them. Anyone else run into this issue? Any thoughts on how to resolve it? Should I just wait until April 9th rolls around?
-
Can you download and use the trial version in the meanwhile? I believe they give you 30 days.
-
I thought about that but I think it was still the beta, I will have to check again.
-
I thought about that but I think it was still the beta, I will have to check again.
You wouldn't have been able to buy it if it was still in beta. The trial version is the full program, lacking only the registration key that you will supply from the back of the plastic case when you get it.
-
Well, I may have to do that then. I just hope it comes when they say it will.
-
Download is instant any reason you need the disk?
-
One reason to get the disks might be my reason. I have a MacBook Pro and my wife has a PC laptop (I still love her, she had it before we were married). Legally, Adobe allows you to put Lightroom on 2 machines, and I wanted they hybrid disk to be able to do this, PC and Mac. I believe (I could be wrong), that if you pay for a download you get it on only one. I bought it on Amazon for $79 (upgrade), with no tax and free shipping, so it was cheaper than buying the download from Adobe.
-
No... You can download both, PC and Mac version from Adobe.
Best regards.
-
One reason to get the disks might be my reason. I have a MacBook Pro and my wife has a PC laptop (I still love her, she had it before we were married). Legally, Adobe allows you to put Lightroom on 2 machines, and I wanted they hybrid disk to be able to do this, PC and Mac. I believe (I could be wrong), that if you pay for a download you get it on only one. I bought it on Amazon for $79 (upgrade), with no tax and free shipping, so it was cheaper than buying the download from Adobe.
Are you buying direct from Adobe via Amazon or via a dealer?
-
I also want to use it on two computers. I am not really out anything right now though, since I am supposedly getting it for free.
-
I bought it direct from Amazon, on amazon. You do save the sales tax, and get free shipping, so it is cheaper than buying from Adobe. With the one month free trial from Adobe, fully functional, waiting a week for the box wasn't an issue at all. In fact, I waited about 2 weeks, because it hadn't shipped when I ordered. I prefer having the disks if there is no extra charge, because it can be easier to reinstall if your computer gets damaged, stolen, etc, although this benefit isn't so important if the company has all your info on file.
-
You could also try the LR 4.1 Release Candidate, avai;ab;e frpm Adobe Labs.
So far it seems stable enough, and it solves a number of the 4.0 bugs
-
Lightroom 4 finally arrived yesterday! Woohoo! But as with everyone else, it sure does seem slow.