Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BradSmith on March 27, 2012, 04:59:05 pm
-
I've found I can't print to my 3800. Print driver has changed appearance - see below. Under Sys Prefs>Print/Fax, it says it is Ver. 6.11. When I send the print command, the computer acts like it sends the print file, but the printer doesn't react AND I get no error messages. I've gone to Epson's site, downloaded the Uninstall app and ran it. Then downloaded what it says is the current driver (8.6.4) for OS 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard) but nothing changes. Then I downloaded the Epson 13884 Common Updater and ran it. Same thing.
-
Brad,
did you removed the printer from the list before doing you install the new driver?
I was using 8.6.4 and i want to reinstall 6.11 to be able to double profile with ABW and this is the way i did it otherwise nothing was changing on the driver setting until i removed it from the list.
I'm on 10.6.8 as well.
I've looked back at your dialog, it might be possible that you are using another kind of driver. I read something about a problem similar somewhere on the web...
-
Micler,
Thanks very much. Your suggestion did it.
What I did, in order was:
1. delete Epson 3800 from the printer list in Sys Pref>Print&Fax
2. Turn off the Epson printer
3. Run the uninstall application I downloaded from Epson ( I don't know if it helped, because it doesn't tell you specifically what it is uninstalling or where it is located)
4. Install the 8.6.4 driver I downloaded from epson
5. Turn the printer on. It showed up in the Sys Pref>Print&Fax list. The driver version showed 8.6.4
Print as normal!!!!!!!
thanks again,
Brad