Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Jim Pascoe on March 25, 2012, 03:07:56 pm

Title: New Canon ipf 6300 setup question.
Post by: Jim Pascoe on March 25, 2012, 03:07:56 pm
Hello all you printing experts!

I am about to get my new printer, an ipf 6300.  This is going to replace my very similar 6100 that has done excellent work for four years.  I am on a Mac running Snow Leopard 10.6.8.

With my old printer I remember having all sorts of issues trying to set it up regarding drivers, using the network etc.  Can anyone suggest the simplest and most pain free way of achieving a setup, and will I need to use the same printing methods of disabling the colour management in the print driver when using profiles.  I print mostly from Lightroom.  Any suggestions welcome.
I appreciate I may be over worrying, but I am very busy and cannot face a lot of downtime!
Many thanks
Jim
Title: Re: New Canon ipf 6300 setup question.
Post by: Light Seeker on March 26, 2012, 03:48:47 pm
I don't have Lightroom, but in Photoshop it's a joy to print to my 8300 using Canon's Print Plug-in. Can / will you be using the Print Plug-in in Lightroom, or the regular driver?

Terry.
Title: Re: New Canon ipf 6300 setup question.
Post by: Scott Martin on March 26, 2012, 09:54:38 pm
Can anyone suggest the simplest and most pain free way of achieving a setup

USB

and will I need to use the same printing methods of disabling the colour management in the print driver when using profiles. 

Use the PS Print Plug-in and choose "None" for the profile when printing targets.

I print mostly from Lightroom.

That's the way!